Aufait Yacht Joiners SL is one of the leading yacht joinery company, based in Mallorca. We have been providing cabinet-making, joinery and carpentry services to the yachting industry for over 15 years, have a well-established client base, while always inviting new clients.
Our mission is to provide our clients with the best products and services using the basic premises of inspiration, style, quality and practicality. We continually strive to be better and always take pride in our work, whilst meeting our clients exacting standards. Our guiding principles are excellence, detail and perfection in everything we do.
Yacht Cabinet Maker / Joiner / Carpenter
We are looking for a Qualified & Experienced Cabinet Maker/Joiner/Carpenter to work on Luxury Yachts and Houses in Mallorca. Your job will entail working in diverse settings, both in our fully equipped Workshop and On-site. The job will be extremely varied, and you must be able to work well under pressure, work independently, and take full responsibility for assigned projects. A high standard of work, pride in your work, meticulous attention to detail and being able to communicate effectively with clients are essential.
Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. The normal working hours are between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
Dependent on skill, experience, and knowledge
Responsibilities and Duties
- Read Blueprints, drawings and sketches effectively.
- Ability to set out accurately a full size working drawing on sheet material.
- Take Measurements and calculate the size and amount of material required.
- Set up and operate machines to cut, shape and mould wood and wood substitutes.
- Work with a variety of materials including Solid Wood and Wood Veneers, Corian, Formica, ColorCore.
- Experience of laminating and veneering.
- Design, manufacture, assemble and fit all types of furniture both for interiors and exteriors, according to instruction.
- Match materials and grains to create a uniform appearance
- Work within a budget and targets set as well as accurate completion of timesheets
- Carry out repairs, reforms, and maintenance as required.
- Maintain work areas, workshop facilities and other company property in a tidy, clean and professional manner.
- Respect all working areas both in the workshop and while working on site.
- Adhere to Health and Safety Regulations when using machines and good general working practices.
- Represent our Company with professionalism and adhere to our philosophy of providing the best products and service to our clients and adhere to the Company code of conduct.
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 10 years experience
- Preferably having worked in the yachting industry
- Apprenticeship within a boatyard or equivalent
- Excellent understanding of woodworking techniques for manufacture and installation of products
- Ability to read technical drawings and other similar documents
- Proficient at using all types of workshop machines, tools and hand tools without supervision
- Health and Safety Certificate
- Attention to detail and accuracy are essential
- Good understanding of maths
If you think you have what it takes to become a member of our team, please send an email with your CV, proof of experiences and a covering letter to email@example.com